We focus on discovering microbial traits that contribute to Salmonella enterica fitness in the phyllosphere, in collaboration with Dr. Michael McClelland’s research group at UC Irvine.
- Molecular mechanisms of human bacterial pathogens internalization and survival in leafy vegetables (funded by the Center of Produce Safety, Henry A. Jastro Research Award, and USDA-NIFA-AFRI)
- Cell-type immune response in Arabidopsis (funded by NIAID and Henry A. Jastro Research Award)
- Genetic resistance in crop plants (funded by CAPES, CNPq, and the UC Davis-FAPESP SPRINT program
- Microbiology and Safety of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables; PLS 174 (fall quarter, even years)
- Growth and Yield of Cultivated Plants; PLS 100B (winter quarter)
- Research Perspective in Horticulture; HRT 203 (winter quarter)
- Scientific Writing Seminar; PLS 290 (spring quarter)