The mission of the Microbiome Special Research Program is to elevate the status of UC Davis as a world leader in integrative microbiome work and become the campus hub to coordinate and organize efforts in microbiome research across all UC Davis Colleges and Schools.
Our main objectives are to:
- Improve communication and networking between researchers: internal and external
- Provide a virtual hub for dissemination of microbiome related funding, collaboration opportunities, and data
- Catalyze research through seed funding programs
- Address training gaps at the graduate and post graduate level
- Raise the profile of microbiome research performed at UC Davis